Nana A's Yummy Sticky Chicken Wings


Mom came across this recipe the other day. This was one of the ones my Nana loved to make back when. Of course not the ones my mom grew up on. Saturday nights were family game night and my Nana would bake some chicken wings with just some garlic on them and they'd have a big bowl of salad for a snack while they all played games around the kitchen table.
This is my Nana and 5 of her 10 kiddos




Here is her Recipe, I have altered it a bit my version of the recipe to follow this one.

These are from tonight, they were very yummy, I think I almost ate half of them to myself  YIKES :)
Excellent! Chicken Wings
4 lbs chicken wings
Sprinkle Garlic Powder on the chicken and bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Drain fat.
Mix all ingredients below.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Ketchup
1 Tbs cornstarch
dash ginger
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce 
dash of hot sauce
Pour this over the chicken and put in a 350 degree oven for 30 min or until sauce it thick.

 Here is my version.

KayKay's Chicken Wings

4 lbs chicken wings
Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Sprinkle Garlic Powder on the chicken and bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Drain fat or Transfer chicken wings minus the fat to another foil lined pan. Now I like them a little crispy. So here I put them in the broiler for a little bit just to crisp the skin about 2 minutes on each side on high about 6 inches from broiler. Be careful to keep an eye out because they can burn easily. If necessary take out the done ones and rearrange the wings that need a little more time under the heat.
Sauce
Mix all ingredients below in a medium saucepan.
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Ketchup
1 Tbs cornstarch
1/4+1/8 tps ground ginger
1/4 cup honey
1Tbs molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp of hot sauce (more if you like spice)
Cook on medium heat until thick. Won't be super thick maybe a little thicker than pancake syrup.May take about 10 minutes.
 In a large bowl toss your wings with enough sauce to coat. Using any extra for dipping. These were def finger licking wings.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment