Yummy Summer Dishes!!

Ok I sooo needed to take pics of these two recipes. They are a great lite summer dinner. I am trying to make the Grill my friend this season only if the rain will let up :) ahhh the life of a New Englander :)
These recipes are from Rachel Ray and the first was a salad we had Sunday, very filling I did add less salt and used a tsp more of honey and just realized that I forgot the parsley OOOPPS :). It was good non the less...
Grilled Chicken with Parsely and Cherry Salad

Today we had Grilled Shrimp Scampi. OH BOY was it yummy.. I am not a fan of shrimp nor do I care too much for zucchini or summer squash but this was cooked just right. I ended up making this for 6 instead of 4 mainly because I am trying to watch my fat intake. This was about 24 g of fat per serving for 4 people. YIKES. I am sure you could cut down the Olive oil. The zucchini and yellow squash call for 1 tbs of the olive oil mix. You could brush with lemon juice and sprinkle lightly with the dry ingredients then lightly spray with a cooking spray before you place on the grill. (never spray while foods are on the grill) So with that said you could cut back to 1/4 to 1/8 cup EVOO..  But either way this was good and I will def make this again. But next time the lower fat way for me :). (Trying to diet here BOOOO LOL) 

Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment