Crock Pot Freezer Meals Who Knew!!

Crock pot meals, who would have thought freeze them so they are easier to prepare. I  have done this for casseroles or easy meals. Never thought do this for the crock pot till one day I was browsing Pinterest and came across a pin for freezer meals. First off I love the convenience and the fact I can make them healthy for myself and family. I have purchased those bagged frozen meals that you prepare in the crock pot, and found they tasted like, well lets just say I wasn't a fan. So coming across a pin linked to Momma and Baby Love they gave me a few ideas. I tried the Healthy BBQ chicken recipe, Found it to be a little bland and found the Sweet Potatoes to be a little gritty from freezing. So next time potatoes will be added or roasted day of,  But here's my spin on this one....

Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
1 large green pepper, cut into strips .
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
1 large yellow or orange pepper
2 zucchini, chopped into 1inch slices then quartered
1 large onion chopped
2 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca (if not using tapioca flour will do, but add when cooking not freezing).
4 lrg chicken breast ( I cut each in 2 so I had 8 peices)
Mix in a bowl before placing in back 
1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce.
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup prepared bbq sauce
1 tbs applecider vinegar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon  yellow mustard.
2 clove garlic, finely minced, about 2 tablespoons.
1 teaspoon salt
 (potatoes can be added day of cooking for a less gritty texture. add about 1/2 lb per bag of quartered sweet or red potatoes )

Label your 2 gallon freezer bags with the instructions. Remember if not adding tapioca to add the flour step here.

Empty contents into crock pot adding (here is where you'd write flour or potatoes) cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. (this depends on  your crock pot times may need to be adjusted)


Divide everything into two, one gallon freezer bags  and put in the freezer.

Here's one more from   The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis  that I will be testing tonight. I did change it up just a little.
Teriyaki Chicken (1 Bag)

  • Cut medium Onion into Large Chunks
  • (1) 20oz can pineapple  (undrained)
  • (2) Garlic Cloves chopped
  • (2) Chicken Breasts ( I slpit these in 2 so I had 4)
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 16 oz frozen broccoli ( don't add to freezer bag this will be added during the cooking process)
Label your bag as so: Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to mixture. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. 30 Minutes before meal is done add 1 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli. Serve over Rice.


I have done 2 stews, remember add everything but flour, cornstarch or potatoes (none, atleast for me, freeze well) and have the starters for a chili Added all the ingredients (used stew meat had left overs from the 2 bags of stew cut into smaller peices) left out the beans will add those 30-45 min before chili is done. I will try to post a recipe for both later. But search the web there are so many different ideas out there to try...
Kaela


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment